Thursday, October 3, 2013

Birthday Post!

I turned 24 this week and I don't feel a single bit old. In fact, apart from my expanding waistline, nothing has changed. I had a very mild and cool celebration with 3 meals over 3 days to celebrate my coming of age. Truth be told, I enjoyed the food more than celebrating. The whole idea of being the centre of attention completely throws me off and I'm more than happy to just be part of it.

My very sweet and charming boyfriend took me on an extremely romantic dinner, situated along Purvis Street. I apologise for judging Singapore too quickly because this little island is quite big on fancy cuisines. We had "Modern French" at Gunther's and it was a satisfying food-lovers-dream-come-true experience. I've never had anything quite like it before and I enjoyed every single dish presented.

The bill turned out massive and I feel awfully guilty but I admit, it was so good I would have gone for seconds. My favourite would have to be the super succulent and tender Wagyu Beef (I had many culinary firsts that night) which almost made me cry - for its flavour and the price. I always thought hosts on TV were exaggerating when describing "food melting in your mouth" and I finally shut up when I had my first bite of the beef. I now cannot see food in a subpar light anymore. My new motto - go good or go home.

We ended the night with sweet treats complimentary of the restaurant, which was more than enough to fill my stomach. I'm not usually a big fan of sugary foods but the Macaron I had was amazing. All in all, I enjoyed myself thoroughly and cannot be more grateful for the wonderful gastronomic opportunity. Although the food has long been dissolved, memories stay intact.







-

No comments:

Post a Comment